February Blog Post: A Guide to Going Non-Toxic
A Guide to Going Non-Toxic
Switching from the skincare you’re using now to 100% non-toxic can feel overwhelming! News flash: you don’t have to change everything all at once.
Follow these simple steps to a healthier, more elevated you:
- Do your research. Even your products that say “natural or clean” can have sneaky toxic ingredients such as “parabens” or “fragrance.” The EWG skin database is a great database to investigate the products you already have.
- Use up the products you already have. If you feel uneasy about throwing all of your toxic products in the trash and buying all new products all at once, consider using up your old products, and when it runs out, buying a non-toxic replacement. If you’re more of a cold turkey kind of person, consider donating your products to someone in need, or throw those toxic products where they belong!
- Say it loud & proud. Similarly to any goal, it can be easy to create the goal and then let it fall through the cracks. Tell a friend or ask them to do it with you, write it down, and say it out loud! “I am going non-toxic because I care about my body, my health, and my well-being.”
Here are some of our most popular 100% non-toxic products to get you started.
Our armpits are one of the most absorbent areas of the body. Most deodorants (yes, even the one’s that say “natural” have harmful cancer-causing agents hidden in the ingredients list. Our deodorants are hand-crafted with high quality essential oils. Check out out three scents below, or try all three with the discounted bundle!
Underarm Detox Spray
If you are used to using aluminum based deodorants, this is the perfect product to transition off of them and to help detox your underarms of harbored toxins; resume expelling toxins through sweat as your body was designed to.
The things you put on your lips, inevitably ends up in your mouth! Our lip balm is only $6, and actually moisturizes your lips, compared to other lip balms that are made to dry out the lips over time so you have to keep applying and buying.
Traditional bug sprays are filled with harmful chemicals such as the chemical called DEET which can actually melt plastic or fishing line. Imagine the effects something like that can have inside of our bodies. Exposure to DEET and other chemicals can lead to nervous system damage, endocrine system disruption, and cancer. Our bug oil uses natural oils to repel unwanted insects.
Recipe of the Month: Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
A healthy twist on a classes romantic dessert to enjoy alone curled up with a Cheesy Romantic movie, or with a partner!Ingredients
- 1 lbs Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1.5 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
- Wax paper
- Wash the strawberries and lay them out to dry
- Put the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl
- Microwave in 15 second increments
- Mix the chocolate and coconut oil together
- Dip the strawberries and lay them out on wax paper
- Place the strawberries in the fridge so they harden
Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day alone or with a partner, sprinkle some drop of Lavender oil on your pillow, or in a diffuser next to your bed to increase sensuality and sex drive! Not to mention, it is a natural stress-reliever and can improve quality of sleep.