Honor Thy | Elements
It's no secret that the weather is changing. The air is crisp, the leaves have fallen, snow is bright white and the sun has made a few less appearances. With the turn of the season we also notice a change in our body - especially our skin. The moisture in the air is disappearing and vitamin d is scarce and our skin starts to suffer. Dry, itchy, chapped and scaly are just a few of the symptoms we encounter. Here are ten essential ways to combat the dry weather and keep your skin hydrated:
- Dry Brush- Before getting in the shower, dry brush in an upward motion towards your heart! This is a great way to slough off dead skin, release toxins and increase circulation. Getting the blood flowing to dry skin is essential.
- Shower- The hot water in your shower really depletes the moisture in your skin, so while a hot shower feels so good, turn the temperature down just a bit. Be mindful of the shower products you're using. Use a shower gel that is natural and doesn't contain Sulphates or Parabens. Essential oils like grapefruit and lime are natural cleansers, stimulate and boost the immune system and decrease inflammation.
- Body Mist/Oil- Immediately after getting out of the shower, spray a body oil onto your skin to really lock in moisture. A product that is rich in Vitamin E and coconut oil like our L|H Body Mist is perfect for upper body moisture. Spray on your arms and chest and let the oil absorb into your skin for at 7-10 minutes.
- Body Moisturizer- Moisturizing your entire body in a rich body butter is key and during the winter months, twice a day is necessary. Morning and night, apply a generous amount of body butter and really massage into the skin for best results. Add a little more effort to the extra dry parts like elbows and feet. Try our L | H body butters. We have an uplifting and calming blend.
- Face Moisturizer- Our faces need a little more TLC. The skin on our face is more sensitive and is exposed to more of the elements. Start by using a gentle cleanser. The harsh ingredients in soap or deep cleansers can strip away moisture instantly. Your skin actually feels tight after using a non-gentle cleanser. The Osmosis Gentle Cleanser is a perfect way to remove dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of moisture. After cleansing, immediately apply a serum. A serum quenches the skin with immediate moisture. You can layer by applying directly and then following up with a moisturizing lotion, or you can add a few drops to your moisturizer and apply in one step. Choose a moisturizer that works for your skin that is not drying. Adding a moisture booster like Immerse can add extra healing agents to extremely dry skin.
- Mist- Keeping a facial mist handy is a life-saver. After coming in from the cold, spray a few pumps of mist directly to your face for an instant burst of moisture. This is an easy way to keep the skin hydrated and refreshed all day. Facial mists are also great for plane trips where the air in the cabin is really dry. Our Rose Jasmine Facial Mist is 2 ounces.
- Lips- Even if you're drinking a lot of water, lips get chapped. Our lips are sensitive and exposed and therefore need an extra barrier of protection. A natural lip balm rich in essential oils is the best way to nourish and soothe lips. Apply throughout the day and before bed.
- Hair- Our hair can really take a beating during the dry months. Try using a natural hair mask like pure coconut oil to really hydrate the strands. After washing, apply coconut oil directly and wrap in a towel. Leave on for as long as you can and then rinse. Try our gluten free Aloe and Hemp shampoo and conditioner that are free of parabens, sulphates and artificial fragrance. Also, using a leave-in conditioner or hair detangler can add moisture and softness to your hair. Our L|H Hair Detangler is made with aloe leaf juice, vitamin E and oil rich seeds so it leaves your hair manageable and silky.
- Water- Drink more water! This is a no-brainer. We have to hydrate the skin from the inside out. If your body is dehydrated and the air is dry, your skin is really going to suffer. Add lemons and grapefruit slices to your water for an extra boost of Vitamin C. It is recommended to drink half your body weight in ounces!
- Humidifier- Investing in a good humidifier can be a game-changer. Waking up in the morning during the cold, winter months can feel terrible. Alleviate the dry air by putting moisture into the air. The maintenance of a humidifier can seem like a pain, so invest in one that is germ-free and really easy to keep clean like the ones listed in this article.
During the colder months, try not to avoid the outdoors. It's important to still find a way to enjoy this time of year. Try cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or just brisk morning walks. Breath in the cold air and make the most of it. We're in this together.
We have been very busy at Luxxe | Honor the past few weeks. We moved out of our Pop-Up shop and into our permanent space at 311 W. Hillgrove in LaGrange, IL. Our space is really coming along and we are so excited for you to experience our new oasis of wellness. Aside from carrying over 100 natural products, we will have meditation classes, Reiki sessions, breath and movement classes and all types of wellness workshops. In the next 3 weeks or so we will be working furiously to finalize the space and open our doors to you. Stay tuned to our social media pages for updates.
In the meantime, our most loved and popular products are available to purchase online. Order $50 or more and receive free shipping. And, you can now buy our deodorant on Amazon and receive free shipping.
For general questions or more information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call/text 630-581-5354.
We're looking forward to welcoming you to our new space.
In good health and wellness,