Lets start with physical well being, because your body is your temple. Of course exercise is going to be #1 on the list of physical self+care. Not only does exercise improve our physical body, but it does wonders for our mind and spirit. Releasing endorphins, providing energy, and raising self-esteem are just some of the benefits of physical exercise. But physical self-care also encompasses the actual care of our internal and external body. Here are some easy ideas for physical self+care in addition to exercise:
2. Remove Toxins
- removing products from your home that affect your internal systems is an easy way to take care of your physical body. Start by replacing anything that touches your skin with natural, toxin-free products
(laundry detergent, body wash, perfume, deodorants
, bug spray
Personal Self + Care
Personal self + care can have a few different meanings, but we're going to focus on our daily tasks and how to improve your day-to-day with some simple tweaks.
1. Schedule- Learn how to say no. And we know this is hard for many of us. But, over- scheduling and spreading ourselves thin is a sure way to feel beat down and frustrated. Slow down, say no to that third birthday party of the week or the neighborhood get together. This is valuable time for you to grab a yoga class, try a new recipe or take a bath.
2. Friends/Family- Keeping toxic people out of your life will do wonders for your personal well-being. Is there that friend you have that is constantly talking about people or has a negative attitude? Negativity is contagious and can seep into your own thoughts. Find people that have the same goals as you do. Surround yourself with people that smile and preach positivity.
3. Practice Kindness and Gratitude- This is an important one. Spreading kindness to others and reflecting on everything you have to be grateful for can be a miracle maker. Not only does it put your brain into a positive state of mind, but you attract others that have the same attitude.
Emotional Self + Care
Emotional self+care is one of the most important aspects of self+care because it can be very fragile. Here are a few ways to tend your garden of emotions:
1. Accept Your Feelings
- What are you feeling? Own those feelings and address them. Yes, the emotions and feelings may hurt but accept them as yours - not good or bad.
2. Be Nice to You
How do you talk to yourself? Are you mean to yourself? We tend to call ourselves names and critique our physical appearance on a regular basis. Be aware of the language you use to describe yourself. Change your thought process and treat yourself like someone you cherish. Celebrate YOU daily.
3. Practice Meditation
We talked about the importance of meditation last month in our blog post. Meditation allows you to free your mind and become one with your emotional and physical body. It is during these meditation sessions that you can release the bad energy and find peace of mind. Be patient with yourself. Meditation takes time and practice but allowing yourself to accept and release emotions and feelings can be key to a healthy emotional state.
Just practicing a few of these self+care ideas can change your mental and physical state allowing you to live a life that has a little less stress and lot more positivity.
Take care of yourself.
LUXXE | HONOR will be hosting guided meditation workshops as well as other self+care workshops in our new space this Fall!
Visit our website for new about grand opening information and schedule of events. While we are building out our wellness studio, stop by our temporary Pop-Up shop located at 122-B Calendar Court in La Grange, IL 60525.
Our Pop-Up shop is stocked with LUXXE | HONOR's essential oils, natural deodorants, facial sprays and the full line of Osmosis Skincare Products. Stop by and see us! Our online store is also open!