October Blog: The Only Five Minute Meditation You Need
5 Easy Steps for at-home Meditation
1. Create a comfortable environment. Sit cross legged on a cushion with a nice straight spine. Consider sitting against a wall or sitting in a chair with a back. Let your shoulders drop away from your ears, relax the muscles in your face, take a deep breath, and close your eyes or soften your gaze.
2. Notice your breath. Avoid changing the cadence of your breath, just notice. Is your breath slow? Is it fast? Does it feel smooth or choppy? Don’t label these answers as positive nor negative, rather just observe. Focus on the sensation of the air flowing in and out of your nose.
3. Observe and accept distractions. As thoughts come into your mind, because you are human and they most likely will, acknowledge and simply observe that the thoughts are there, and when you can, bring your focus back to the sensation of the breath.
4. Approach this with compassion. Avoid judging yourself for having interruptions. Your job is to simply notice when the mind has wandered, and bring your attention back to your breathing.
5. Start by doing this for 5 minutes everyday. Choose a consistent time, either when you first wakeup, during a lunch break, or before you go to bed. Put it in your calendar, set a timer, and just do it! Meditation takes a consistent practice to really develop the “habit,” but stick with it and don’t stress too much if you miss a day. We hope implementing this self-care habit into your daily routine brings you more joy and mindfulness to your everyday life.
Recipe of the Month: Paleo Shepard's Pie
This month, Dr. Gina Sirchio-Lotus, Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist and women's hormone specialist, at LUXXE | HONOR, shared one of her favorite Fall recipes. A quick and easy way to an impressive, clean, and delicious meal.
Essential Oil Tip:
Peppermint oil for ant control. Aside from smelling wonderful and providing a nice refreshing tingly sensation, peppermint oil can be dropped on the inside and outside of your doors in your home to keep away ants! Give it a try.